Most dogs when swallowing hard pieces of our Chew, digest these pieces as naturally. However, if the piece of chew is too large, this could result in vomiting up the piece or causing a potential blockage as the piece will not have enough time in the digestive system to be able to break down fully before it needs to be expelled one way or the other.
Non concerning pieces are generally small being the size of a dime or smaller and we have yet to hear about any issues with sharp pieces causing issues. This also varies however due to the size of the dog vs. the size of the chew. If you have any concerns on whether your dog has consumed too large of a piece, please notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you feel this may be a life threatening or serious issue, please contact your veterinarian immediately. We always recommend monitoring your dog for changes in behaviour including but not limited to: listlessness, vomiting, lack of eating or drinking and lack of bowel movements. We recommend doing what you feel is best for your dog being monitoring your dog or consulting with your veterinarian. With all this being said, the amount of instances seen with serious injuries have been very minimal and have always been the result of an extremely large piece swallowed which is never recommended.
Even a single dog that is injured is too many in our eyes so please notify us if you have an issue or concern or comment and please retain as much information as you can including: size of chew purchased, batch no, where purchased, specifics of the concern, etc. As safety and quality are our top priorities, we rely on this information to help us evaluate our products, packaging, etc. and getting this information from you, we take immediate action in any complain. The customer is the best source to help us identify issues and updates.